We are fortunate to have an incredibly prolific Meyer Lemon tree. What was tagged as a dwarf has grown to the roofline of our house and is nearly as wide as it is tall. Fruiting year rebound, lemon is probably the single most frequented ingredient in our cooking.
Squares, triangles, bars, bites or sticks, no matter how you cut them, in this recipe, the lemon adds delightful pucker to a creamy cheesecake bar that is delightfully dotted with blueberries. GF-ing this recipe was a snap as even the grittiest of GF cookies and graham crackers have proven themselves to be a perfect base to a cheesecake or any size or shape.
Speaking of cheesecake, these squares (bite/triangles/bars/bites/sticks) are one of the most simple and versatile GF desserts to make. Fruit or no fruit, adding swirls or flavors, and not requiring a water bath as you do for traditional cheesecake (provided you keep an eye on them in the oven), these can be made in a stand mixer, hand mixer or food processor.
Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Squares
- May 23, 2021
- Print this
- 1 sweet crumb crust, baked and cooled to room temperature
- 2 8-oz packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 - 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Step 2
- Place the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl or food processor and mix until smooth.
- Step 3
- Add sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla extract and eggs and mix until combined.
- Step 4
- Gently stir in half of the blueberries.
- Step 5
- Spoon into pan, evenly distributing berries as best as possible.
- Step 6
- Top with remaining blueberries.
- Step 7
- Place in center or preheated oven and bake until almost set
- Step 8
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Step 9
- Transfer to the refrigerator and chill for several hours.
- Step 10
- Lift foil or parchment out of the pan and place the block onto a cutting board.
- Step 11
- Cut into desired shapes and sizes and serve.