Much to the dismay of many a husband, including my own, it seems that the casserole has gone out of fashion. These former potluck darlings are now mumbled in the shadows or rebranded with more modern names, kind of like this “bake.” Call it a bake or call it a casserole, this one-dish meal is easy to make, especially if you have some Everyday Chicken Breasts and cooked quinoa in the fridge. Packed with protein and easy to assemble, the quantities on this recipe are more of a guideline. BWe often up the broccoli, because in our house, broccoli = yum!
Broccoli Chicken Quinoa Bake
- March 26, 2021
- Print this
- 2 ½ cups cooked quinoa
- 3 cups broccoli florets, cut into same-sized pieces
- ½ teaspoons salt (for cooking broccoli)
- 2-3 cups diced Every Day Chicken Breasts
- 1½ cup low-fat sour cream
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- ½ teaspoon house blend seasoning
- ½ cup coarsely grated Parmesan cheese.
- Step 1
- Preheat Oven to 350F.
- Step 2
- Blanch broccoli in salted boiling water until crisp tender (about 2-3 minutes), drain and set aside.
- Step 3
- Whisk together the low-fat sour cream, mayo, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, curry powder, and house blend seasoning.
- Step 4
- In a large bowl combine quinoa, broccoli and chicken.
- Step 5
- Add half of the sauce and mix well.
- Step 6
- Spray a baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Step 7
- Spoon quinoa mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Step 8
- Top with remaining sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
- Step 9
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, or until bubbling.
- Step 10
- Remove foil and bake an additional 5-10 minutes until top begins to brown.
- Step 11
- Step 12
- Using Yogurt in place of sour cream adds a nice tang.
- Step 13
- This makes great leftovers and reheats in the microwave beautifully.